Friday, August 12, 2011

Sidmouth part 2 -- Silly Songs

Towards the end of the Sidmouth Folk Festival, to my great excitement, I was invited to join in on a Silly Song session. This is an annual session held by the Middle Bar Singers at the Anchor -- everyone who wants to sings a silly song in turn, unaccompanied. I was late arriving, but they kindly made room for an a capella version of "Space Rabbits of Brocklevoons", and we all bounced along. Then we all sang a very silly song about a gladiator, and I couldn't have been happier.

Then the next part of their annual event took place. They formed a procession, marched down to the sea, waded into the sea, and sang sea shanties.


I didn't go in for a dip, but was very admiring (it was very cold!). Here's me with two of the lovely Middle Bar Singers, Richard and Lynne, I hope we meet again soon:


And here's a video of the Spooky Men lending their voices and legs to Brocklevoons at the Anchor Garden on Wednesday night -- thanks to Cat Manners for putting up this video. Just look at Ryan bounce, that's some quality bouncing right there! Also loving the dance moves by Alex and Lisa, especially the extended "pounce" style by Lisa, and the enthusiastic crowd :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment