Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Bristol -- St Georges

The UK Spooky Tour is well underway, and it's going fantastically well. I'm writing this from a bedroom in our new friends George and Rosemary's beautiful house with green hills out the window, dotted with black and white cows. Last night we played at Sedbergh in the very beautiful Sedbergh Parish Church. I played Sparky the Giant Squid during my set last night, so a big thanks to the Sedbergh folks for waving their tentacles around! :-)

I have some pictures of our Monday night concert at St Georges in Bristol (thanks Alex Gill-Chambers for the pics!). It was a huge night, with a 550-strong very enthusiastic, friendly audience-- I've never played to so many people before, and it was an absolute blast. The whole audience joined in with the chorus of Family Outing (the pirate song) in two-part harmonies, bless them, it sounded gorgeous. Also, because of the acoustic beauty of the space, we all performed with no amplification -- a bit scary for me, but it was so worth it! I got to move around the stage while I sang, and even did a little tap dance.




The Spooky Men's Chorale set was filled with huge amounts of fun and laughter (and I mean massive!): here is an extra special moment for those of you who know the Spooky Men ... the Sharing Caring Spooky Circle of Loving Feeling goes vertical!! That's Ryan on the top, supported by Stirling.

For a more detailed account of Spooky goings-on, click here to check out their awesome daily blog!

2 comments:

  1. What a superb evening it was! I can see myself in the front row next to the column in front of Ryan sticking out his tongue as he reached to the balcony.

    Congratulations to everyone involved - the Spookies and you of course - you sang beautifully and were so serene ... dysfunctional pirate family and Frank and all!

    Hope all goes well with the rest of your tour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And I'll pass on your congrats to the Spooks.

    Thanks also for the awesome review of the night on your blog! (It's at http://dancingonabladeofgrass.wordpress.com/, for anyone else reading this.)

    ReplyDelete